CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
This qualification reflects the role of people working in community or residential settings who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to their aged or disabled clients either in the home or specialised facilities. Career pathways include: Aged Care, Disability Services .
This course is offered as either face-to-face or distance.
Face-to-face training is delivered two days per week (5.5 hours per day) for 13 weeks.
– For two specialisations training is delivered two days per week (5.5 hours per day) for 16 weeks.
It is suggested that a new entrant into the industry do 15 hours of independent study per week plus an additional 1 day per week of LLN support if required (over 9-12 months); whereas a skilled learner is suggested to do 10 hours of independent study per week (over 9-12 months).
Distance training is self-paced, which means students are welcome to complete the course as fast as they like. However, we recommend completing one to two units per month to complete within the 12 month time limit. No classroom training or attendance is required. It is suggested that students allow at least 20 hours per week of independent study to complete the course.
Cairns and surrounding regions.
Courses are subject to availability.
It is a requirement of this qualification that you complete 120 hours of work placement, which we organise for you with one of our partner organisations.
It is mandatory that you are able to gain a current National Police Check (NPC) and complete first aid training (HLTAID003 Provide first aid) before commencing work placement.
COURSE FEES & FUNDING
Contact IJC for Further details on 07 4040 2035
Primary Care Assistants/Nurse Assistants:
- Provides routine personal care services to people in a range of health care facilities or in a person’s home by:
- assisting patients with their personal care needs such as showering, dressing and eating
- assisting patients with their mobility and communication needs
- participating in planning the care of individuals
- following therapy plans such as interventions to assist those with dementia and behavioral problems
- observing and reporting changes in patients’ condition, and reporting complaints about care
- assisting with rehabilitation exercises, basic treatment and delivering medications
- providing direct support and assistance to therapists
Units in this Qualification
CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
CHCCCS023 Support independence and well-being
CHCMHS001 Work with people with mental health issues
Elective Units – Ageing
CHCAGE001 Facilitate the re-empowerment of older people
CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Elective Units – Disability
CHCDIS001 Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach
CHCDIS002 Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
CHCDIS003 Support community participation and social inclusion
CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
Number of Units in this Qualification: 13
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
If you are currently working in the industry you may be eligible for recognition of prior learning (RPL). Please contact us for further information.
Employment pathways from this qualification can include Accommodation Support Worker, Food Services Worker, Disability Services Worker, Personal Care Giver or Respite Care Worker.
Training is delivered by IJC Training at 18- 26 Cannon Street, Manunda Qld, 4870 under contract with MiHaven Training RTO:40928
Email enquires: email@example.com
To find out more about possible funding available or eligibility for funding please contact us on 07 4040 2035
* Third Party (IJC Training) delivers CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety instead of CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability.
For complaints referring to MiHaven courses please refer to the link in the MiHaven student handbook below:
MiHaven student handbook